Elan A Bhriu
- ELAN A BHRIU, an isle, in the parish of Eddrachillis, county of Sutherland. It lies off the western coast, and derives its name, signifying "the Island of the Judge," from the bowels of Judge Morrison, of Lewis, having been interred here, after his murder by Little John Mac Dhoil Mhich Huishdan. The isle is about four acres in extent, and furnishes good pasture for lambs; it is always held by the minister of Eddrachillis, as the gift of the noble family of Mac Kay, lords Reay.
A Topographical dictionary of Scotland. Samuel Lewis. 1856.